I will be sharing with you the Cheddar and Vegetable Stuffed Grilled Bread Recipe. I am so desperate to share it with you guys as this is the tastiest bread I have ever eaten. Combine this with Pumpkin Bourbon French Toast and you have your complete breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons light sesame or peanut oil
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached white flour (2 1/2 to 3)
- 2 cups chopped grilled vegetables
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar — shredded
- Cooking spray
- Use grilled vegetables or grill some fresh ones while the dough rises.
- Try onion, zucchini, potato, bell peppers, or eggplant, to name a few.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water and let stand until it bubbles about 10 minutes.
- Slowly stir in whole wheat flour, cumin, and coriander. Mix well, cover, and set aside to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Stir in salt, oil, and 2 cups of unbleached white flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, adding more flour as necessary to keep from sticking.
- Shape into a ball, place in a large, lightly sprayed bowl, and turn oiled side up.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into six pieces and roll into smooth balls.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll balls into 7-inch circles (about 1/4-inch thick).
- Place equal amounts of vegetables and cheese in center of each circle.
- Pull edges up to center, pinch closed and press to flatten. Cover with a cloth, and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-hot. Gently place calzones on the grill, pinched side down, and cook about 5 minutes on each side, until well marked and browned. *I used 1 tablespoon of oil and substituted Healthy Choice brick cheese for the cheddar.