Today, I am going to share with you recipe for the black bread. I hope you will like this unique colored bread.
- Envelope dry yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 c Warm water (105 – 115 F)
- 1/2 oz Unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 1 1/4 c Water
- 1/4 c Dark molasses
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 c All-Bran cereal
- 2 To 2 3/4 cups all-purpose -flour
- 1 1/2 c Rye flour
- First of all, Sprinkle yeast and sugar in 1/4 cup water and stir to dissolve.
- Let stand until foamy, for about 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and margarine with 1 1/4 cups water in a large bowl set over gently simmering water.
- Stir until smooth. Remove from over water.
- Blend in molasses, vinegar, and salt. Mix in cereal. Let cool. Grease large bowl.
- Blend yeast into cereal mixture. Gradually stir in 2 cups all-purpose flour and rye flour.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes
- kneading in up to 3/4 cup more all-purpose flour if necessary to form a workable dough.
- Add dough to prepared bowl, turning to coat the entire surface.
- cover and let rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- Grease two 3x2x7-inch loaf pans. Punch dough down.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and let rest 3 minutes. Knead 3 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each into 7×8-inch rectangle. Starting with long side, roll the dough up into a cylinder.
- Tuck ends under and pinches seam to seal. Place seam side down in prepared pans.
- Cover and let rise in warm draft-free area until doubled about 1 1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bake until loaves look hollow when tapped on bottom, about 45 minutes. Remove bread from pans.
- Let cool completely on the rack before serving. Bon Appetit
If you have any doubt feel free to contact us here.